QU-BD One Up has finally breached the $200 price verge for widespread consumer adoption of a commercial grade 3D printer. The OneUp is a reliable, easy to use, and consumer oriented 3D printer. Consumers may think buying this 3d printer instead of buying the new XBox One or Playstation 4 since they have a much more useful purchasing option for the upcoming Holidays.
David Mainard, President of QU-BD, Inc. claimed, “There simply aren’t any 3D printers anywhere near the price point that can produce reliable results like we can get out of the OneUp,” and he added, “The OneUp can print at the same quality level as a Stratasys Mojo (Stratasys’ least expensive offering) at 1/50th the cost. Companies can afford to purchase one of our printers for every employee for the same cost as a single unit from Stratasys.
That’s game changing,” said Nathan Myers, head of design for QU-BD, Inc. The OneUp was designed as a no frills, down to basics 3D printer that can create stunning results with very little effort.
QU-BD One Up / Two Up 3D printer tech specs:
- Minimum Layer Height: 50 Microns (Lower is Better)
- Frame Material: Black Melamine MDF
- Max Travel: Approximately 100x100x125mm / 175x175x125mm
- Maximum Travel Speed: 150mm/s
- Maximum Print Speed: 100mm/s
- Bed Material: Acrylic (or Basalt … See Upgrades Above)
- Heated Bed: No, electronics support it so it can be added later
- Linear Motion Type: X/Y Belts and Linear Bearings | Z Precision ACME Screws / Linear Bearings
- X-Motor: NEMA 17 Motors w/ Up To 16x Microstepping
- Y-Motor: NEMA 17 Motors w/ Up To 16x Microstepping
- Z-Motor: NEMA 17 Motors w/ Up To 16x Microstepping
- Electronics: Printrboard Style Electronics
- Firmware: Marlin
- Extruder: anUBIS w/ PTFE Liner for Reliable Printing
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA, HIPS, Carbon PLA, Laywoo (or with optional heated bed upgrade adds support for ABS! … see UPGRADES above)
The only difference between the OneUp and TwoUp is that the smooth rods on the X and Y axis are swapped for ones that are 75mm longer on the TwoUp, they are identical in every other way.
For more information please visit their Kickstarter page.