You can now quickly turn the things in your world into 3D models that you can modify, improve, share, and 3D print with The MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner. This is a fast and easy way for anyone to create 3D models MakerBot, the leader in Desktop 3D Printing, announced the availability of the MakerBot Digitizer on its website.
MakerBot CEO Bre Pettis stated, “Bringing the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner into the world has been a big goal of ours this year,” and he also added, “We are really excited about the MakerBot Digitizer. This is another innovative product for visionaries, early adopters, experimenters, educators, creative hobbyists, 3D sculptors, organic modelers, designers, and architects who want to be the first to become an expert in Desktop 3D Scanning.”
The MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner offers:
- Simple, yet sophisticated software to create clean, watertight 3D models with just two clicks
- A 3D digital design file in just minutes
- No design skills, 3D modeling or CAD expertise required to get started
- Outputs standard 3D design file formats that can be modified and improved in third-party 3D modeling programs, like Autodesk’s free software MeshMixer
- Creates a 3D digital file to be printed on a MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer and on other 3D printers
- Easily upload scans directly to MakerBot’s Thingiverse.com, the community for discovering and sharing 3D printable things with more than 100,000 members.
- Ability to digitize physical objects up to 8” in diameter and 8” tall and up to 3 kg (6.6 lbs.)
More details and order at MakerBot Store.