Stratasys Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge is starting.
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Extreme Redesign, They’re featuring previous winners, as well as instructors who’ve had their students enter the Challenge. You can keep watching the Stratasys blog, 3D Printing on Campus Facebook page and Twitter feed to see how participating in Extreme Redesign has helped students learn new skills and has even shaped a few career paths.
- Middle / high school engineering (secondary education)
- College engineering (post-secondary education)
- Art & architecture (open to students of all grade levels)
Each Extreme Redesign entry must contain an STL file, (exportable from most 3D CAD software), along with a completed online submission form, including a 200-word or more written description and/or a 30-second video description.
Prizes in Each Category:
- 1st place: $2,500 scholarship
- 2nd & 3rd place: $1,000 scholarship
- Top 10 designs: $50 gift card & a model of their design printed on a 3D printer
- Everyone who submits a design gets a T-Shirt
- New this year: Instructors of the 1st place winners will receive a limited-time demo 3D printer for use in the classroom
Bonus Category and Prize:
Extreme Sports: Design something that would be used while doing a sporting activity. Students who submit a design based on this theme will be entered for the chance to win a $250 gift card.
The deadline for submissions is February 6, 2014. For complete contest rules, or to submit an entry go to: www.stratasys.com/extremeredesign