On Kickstarter, gMax, by Gordon LaPlante, Brooklyn NY, is a new and very large personal desktop 3D printer, with an incredible 16” x 16” x 9” (2,304 cubic in) build volume! Funding period has just started and it is between Aug 26, 2013 – Oct 10, 2013 (45 days).
With a 16” x 16” x 9” (2,304 in3) build volume, the gMax 3D Printer is among the top when it comes to build volume capabilities. The gMax will provide you the option to print larger, print smaller, or print something in between. If you want to print one long continuous print, you now have the opportunity (rather than having to break the pieces up into smaller prints). Size also doesn’t have to come at the sacrifice of quality since the printer is also capable of printing even small parts in amazing details down to 75 micron layer height.
- Huge 16’’ x 16’’ x 9’’ (2,304 in3) build volume
- As low as 75 micron layer height (with 0.35mm nozzle)
- The 16’’ acrylic bed does not need cooling if using PLA
- 1.5’’ x 1.5’’ inch strong aluminum frame system
- Precision milled aluminum z-axis motor couplers
- Print without a computer (LCD screen and SD card reader)
- Extruder: MK-7 drive gear, J-head hotend, LED light, integrated blower fan
- Parts easily swappable and customizable
- Very easy assembly – just need to slide in and screw.
- Quiet when running, especially compared to a lot of other 3D printers
- Works with most common open source software (slic3r, pronterface, etc.)
gMax 3D Printer Specs
Works with all common 1.75mm PLA or ABS
120 VAC 340 Watt power supply (printer uses approx. 40 watts)
0.35mm or 0.5mm diameter nozzle
75 micron (0.075mm/0.0029’’) to 350 micron (0.35mm/0.0138’’) layer thickness depending on nozzle
Print via USB or from an SD card without the need of a computer!
RAMPS v1.4 electronics preloaded updated and customized Marlin firmware
NEMA 17, 1.8o step angle with 1/16 micro stepping
This project will only be funded if at least $50,000 is pledged by Thursday Oct 10,
In order to support and get more details, please check the Kickstarter page.