The World’s First Dual Pinch Wheel Extruder for 3D Printers is on the way, from Melbourne, Australia.
The Kraken is a revolution in extruder technology for filament based 3D Printing applications. The Kraken’s unique mechanism is the key to enabling the incredible performance and flexibility offered by the Kraken. In fact, we are confident that our extruder is the best extruder available in the world, even in many thousand dollar commercial machines.
The mechanism used by the Kraken enables all of the following features, regardless of configuration:
- Unique Mechanism with Huge Gear Ratio (20:1)
- Extrusion rate control – The gearing means each motor step is now smaller than ever before, giving better control of filament deposition rates! We’ve tested down to 0.02mm layers at 30mm/s!! (0.36mm^3/s)
- Smaller Lighter Motors – Using NEMA 11 motors, only 28mm square, only 140g and only 0.6 amps each!
- Small Size – 41.2mm wide, ~90mm tall – Print larger than you thought possible on your current chassis!
- Increasing Tangential Force – Filament force increases with increasing speed, for perfect printing across the widest range of printing conditions. Over 300:1 ratio between the fastest and slowest tested extrusion rates!
- Step Loss, not Filament Strip – Step loss rather than stripping the filament – step loss will recover, stripped filaments will not – the difference is a minor blemish instead of an aborted print.
- Suits all filament sizes – Using different filament sizes is as easy as just swapping your J head!
- Metal design – Machined chassis is compatible with any high temperature hot end designs with a J head mount. Use higher temperatures for exotic printing materials such as Nylon, Polycarbonate and more!
- Printable Mounts – Maximum compatibility with printers on the market. Currently we have developed and tested mounts for a Prusa Mendel, but we will release the mounting layout for development of all types of mounts, including for mounting accessories (fans, cameras, etc)
- Bowden Compatible – Can easily be adapted to use as a Bowden extruder.
For more details and contribute check their IndieGoGo page.