The Tobeca, by RepRap Diffusion, is an open source printer developed and manufactured in France.
The simplicity of its design and its robustness, make 3D printing is almost as simple as printing a piece of paper.
Why choose Tobeca?
- Comfortable: 200x200x220mm volume printing.
- Quality: all parts have been chosen for their quality and durability. The printed parts are made from PLA Faberdashery , considered the best plastic printing in Europe.
- Easy to use: pre configured print profiles.
- Tranportable: its integrated case and its rugged design can transport the Tobeca without needing to recalibrate.
- Complete: the coil support is integrated into the Tobeca, no need for a dispenser next. The carriage includes a LED light to always see the work area.
- Compact and quiet, it fits easily on a desktop.
- Fast and accurate thanks to the mechanical components of quality prints (see Specifications for details).
- Versatile: With a heating plate, it can print various materials such as bioplastics, nylon, hybrid plastic / wood …
- Quick and easy installation: less than 2 minutes to assemble or disassemble the Tobeca.
- Customizable: choose from several colors for a printer that suits you.
- Reactive support: email and forum, customized on request assistance.
- Replicable: Because the project is open source under the GNU / GPL v3 license, you can repeat yourself all the parts.
- Secure Protection of electrical parts and electronic printed with the housing.
- For your budget: Available assembly kit or assembled and tested, with or without 1 year warranty …
The Tobeca 3D Printer tech specs:
Dimensions and case
- Material of the case: birch plywood 9mm to 7 folds + dark plastic coated on both sides
- Closed Dimensions: 440x414x175mm
- Open Dimensions: 440x414x430mm
- Printer open coil + PLA: 440x450x460mm
- Weight: 10 Kg
- Horizontal translations: Linear Bushings 8mm Igus treated trees aluminum 8mm Igus
- Vertical translation: Studs Stainless A2 metrics obtained by running + system integrated anti-backlash
- Engine: Stepper NEMA14 (Z axis) and NEMA17 high torque (15 Nm and 44), not 1.8 ° microstepping 1/16
- Drivetrain: Belt polyurethane T5 T5 aluminum pulleys, belts returns bearings 608ZZ
- Printed parts: layer thickness of 0.25mm, charging 30% and 60% depending on the parts, PLA Faberdashery only for a very good quality.
Electricity & Electronics
- Power supply: 220V AC to 12V DC 120W, 82% yield
- PCB: 1.3a Sanguinololu
- Drivers engines: Pololus A4988 (microstepping 1/16)
- Power Connector: 3-pin IEC with 5x20mm 1A, EU power connector
- Computer Connector: USB Type B
- Cooling: Active with 40mm fan
- Heating plate: 3mm aluminum plate (grade 2017A), with 6 10W 2.2 ohm resistors in aluminum housing and NTC 100Kohms
- Firmware: Marlin
- Printer software Repetier Host
- Formats:. STL GCODE.
- Supported OS: Windows XP, 7, 8 (x86 and x64), Linux Ubuntu and Debian (x86 and x64), Mac OS
- Technology: Extrusion melt plastics and derivatives
- Plastic wire diameter: 3mm
- Printhead: 0.5mm
- Duty cycle (X, Y, Z) is 8800cm3 200x200x220mm
- Resolution travel: 21.7μm (X and Y) and 0.39 microns (Z axis)
- Layer thickness: 0.10mm to 0.30mm (depending on quality selected)
- Print speed: 50mm / s to 120mm / s (depending on the quality selected)
- Supported Materials: PLA, ABS, hybrid wood / plastic, nylon, flexible PLA
- Use: 15 ° C to 35 ° C
- Storage: 5 ° C to 50 ° C.
All project sources are available on GitHub.
Source: RepRap Diffusion